How to use this website
When posting messages on the forums
- Only register once. Using several nicknames can cause confusion and may lead to mistrust.
- You are responsible for the content of your posts. Any material that is not relevant to the topic will be edited or removed from the by the Web Administrator.
- Posts express the views and opinions of the author. The Cancer Council NSW will therefore not be held liable.
You are agreeing to post material that is:
- written in English
- free from defamatory remarks about your treating health professional/s and/or treatment centres
- respectful of others
- free from personal attack, abusive, defamatory, inaccurate, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, or racially vilifying content or language, or any material that is invasive of a person's privacy or otherwise violative of any law
- relevant to the purpose of the site.
The site is not to be used for any of the following:
- giving medical advice
- flooding the forums with similar posts
- soliciting business or promoting a product of any kind
- soliciting participation in any clinical trial or research study
- posting copyrighted content without the express permission of the copyright holder
- advertising material, chain letters or pyramid schemes
- posting material or links to any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory or inaccurate.
- Cancer Council NSW has the ability to edit or remove any objectionable messages. Any user who believes that a message is objectionable is encouraged to email us at email@example.com immediately. We will then make every effort to take any action that we deem necessary within a reasonable period of time. Since this is a manual process, we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.
- Objectionable material will be edited or deleted. The poster of that material will be denied access to the website and their user account may be cancelled.
- Cancer Council NSW reserves the right to refuse login to the forum at its own discretion.
- The Administrator will regularly review forum discussions and may, where appropriate, refer individual members or groups to other sources of information and/or support. The Administrator reserves the right to edit or delete any material that is inappropriate, irrelevant or contrary to the terms and conditions of use.
What you should do to protect your identity and those of others
- Don't post your personal contact details. Your username and homepage should protect your identity.
- Don't contact others by direct email (use our messaging system).
- Never give out information you know about other people - particularly contact details.
- Think carefully before meeting up with another user. This is an online community - if you choose to meet another user, you do so at your own risk.
- Please welcome new members to the forums This may be their first time participating online and your encouragement can help them to feel more comfortable.
- No swearing allowed - it is generally unnecessary and can be offensive.
- Opinions are welcome but you may not agree with other people. Please take this into account when you respond to a posting.
- Be careful with humour and sarcasm as it can be misread without the voice inflections and body language of personal communications. Subtle humour can be lost in the written form.
- Please do not "YELL". Capital letters can be hard to read and are considered shouting on the Internet.
- Be careful what you say about others. Remember your posts can be seen by thousands of people, including people who know and can identify you.
The Administrator is a fulltime Cancer Council NSW employee who supervises the forums. The Administrator ensures that the Terms and Conditions and rules of the website are adhered to. He/she will regularly review and monitor and edit and/or delete material that breaches or does not meet the terms and use of this site. Where and when it is deemed appropriate, the Administrator will post information or refer an individual to other support services.